Parents' Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
In accordance with Education Law Section 2-d, the Greece Central School District hereby sets forth the following Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security, which is applicable to all students and their parents/legal guardians.
1. A student's personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes;
2. In accordance with FERPA, Section 2-d and Board Policy 7240 Student Records: Access and Challenge, parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record;
3. The District has the following safeguards in place to protect student data, including personally identifiable information stored or transferred by the District. a. All databases that have student information are protected by a secure password and login. These logins are monitored and kept up to date; b. Student information is only accessible by those that are deemed warranted of having the information.
4. The New York State Education Department collects a number of student data elements for authorized uses. A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State is available for public review from the State Education Department. Websites and mailing addresses will be made public when they become available.
5. Parents have the right to submit complaints about possible breaches of student data or teacher or principal APPR data. Any such complaint must be submitted, in writing to: Greece Central School District Assistant Superintendent of Student Achievement & Accountability, 750 Maiden Lane Rochester, NY 14615.